The City of Centreville is taking steps to prevent the possible spread of COVID-19, aka Coronavirus.
At this time City Hall, Water Dept,and the Municipal Court remain open. We will let you know if any changes are made ,as necessary.
We ask that if you do not have to come into City Hall that you please don’t. Please take advantage of our drop box for municipal ticket payments and water bill payments. We also offer online payments for water bills.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. If soap and water aren’t available, use an alcohol-based sanitizer that is at least 60% alcohol.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
• Stay home when you are sick. The CDC has recommended that seniors should stay home, especially if they have underlying health issues or are experiencing symptoms.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
• Have procedures to clean frequently touched surfaces on a regular schedule.
Corona viruses primarily spread through close contact with another individual, in particular through coughing and sneezing in proximity to somebody else who is within a range of about 3 to 6 feet from that person. It may be possible for someone to touch a surface or object with the virus on it and then touch their nose or mouth and become infected, but this is not the main way the virus spreads, according to CDC and other health experts.